Castor oil comes from the seeds of the ricinus communis plant, originated from the tropical areas of Africa and Asia. It has been used since ancient times for its many benefits on skin and hair.
Castor oil is a triglyceride composed of essential fatty acids. 90% of these fatty acids is based of ricinoleic acid (Omega 9). This unique fatty acid can be found in lower concentrations in other seeds and oils (0.27% in cotton seed oil, and 0.03% in soy oil), and it is believed to be responsible of the exclusive properties of Castor oil. It also has a huge amount of vitamin E, proteins, minerals, and has some antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. It has been the most used traditional remedy to fight all kinds of skin and hair problems.
- Its most well known property is to stimulate hair growth, since it is mostly made of ricinoleic acid, which has the capacity of improving blood flow circulation of the scalp, having greater nourishment and oxygenation.
- Provides repair and shine to the hair fiber, therefore being especially suitable for dry, frizzy, and damaged hair. It is able to penetrate the hair fiber, repairing and hydrating it.
- Protects the hair from dehydration and environmental damage (UV Rays)
Skin and Scalp:
- Helps treating hair problems, such as dermatitis and dandruff, due to its moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Its high levels of ricinoleic acid content promotes hair growth, penetrating down to the hair follicle, and nourishing the hair root. Works as a natural moisturizer, lubricating them from the roots and encouraging their growth. This is why it is a great natural treatment to prevent the loss of eyelashes due to a wrong use of make up, allergies, stress, and nutritional deficiencies.
PRODUCTS CONTAINING THIS ACTIVE INGREDIENT